TOWN OF MIDDLEBURY Middlebury Town Hall * 1212 Whittemore Road * Middlebury, CT 06762
TOWN OF MIDDLEBURYMiddlebury Town Hall * 1212 Whittemore Road * Middlebury, CT  06762 

Veteran's Discharge

All Veterans who served during War Time are eligible to a reduction on the assessed value of their property, if they own property in town, or on their motor vehicle if they do not own property in town, by recording their DD-214 (Discharge Papers) in the Town Clerk's Office.  These are then forwarded to the Assessor's Office to be applied to your taxes.  The cut-off date is October 1st in order to affect your following July's tax bill.


Duplicate copies of DD-214's can be obtained by requesting and completing a Standard Form (SF-180) Request Pertaining to Military Records, to the National Personnel Records Center, Military Personnel Records, 9700 Page Boulevard, St. Louis, MO 63132-5100.  The form may be obtained by calling (800) 827-1000.  For further information go to How to request Military Service Records or Prove Military Service.




Print Print | Sitemap
© 2017 Town of Middlebury CT•All Rights Reserved