1) Applications available on website, in the Recreation office, or outside the office. Application forms may be left after office hours in night deposit box in Recreatin door. Shepardson Building closes at 9:30pm on weekends. It is not open for registration on weekends.
2) Will be accepted in person or by mail, on a first come, first served basis. Full payment must accompany registration.
3) If you would like a receipt from a mail-in registration, please enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
4) An $20.00 charge will be assessed on any returned check.
5) Non-Middlebury residents will be accommodated according to availability of space and payment of a $10.00 surcharge.
6) When school is not in session, our programs are not in session, unless program is regularly held at Sheparson Building.
7) If you register early, you may insure the class you want will not be closed or cancelled.
1) Parks & Recreation reserves the right to cancel any program due to lack of participation. Register Early!
2) A definite decision will be made to cancel or run a program one week prior to start date for each program.
1) Unless there is a medical emergency, no refunds will be given once a program has begun.
2) We are dedicated to offering programs that meet the needs of our citizens. If a program does not meet your expectations please call our office and discuss the problem. We will try our best to solve the problem. If a mutually satisfactory solution cannot be found your money will be refunded.
3) All refunds are subject to a 10% administrative surcharge.
The Middlebury Parks & Recreation Department follows the school schedule for most of their classes. If there is no school on a specified class date, then there will be no activities for any program, which are held in the schools. In the event of weather cancellations or early release from school, any afternoon or evening classes will also be cancelled.
Department closings are broadcast on the following TV and radio stations, WFSB channel 3, WVIT channel 30, WTIC1080 AM, WTIC 96.5 FM and WRCH 100.5 FM. You may also contact Parks and Recreation at 758-2520 after regular office hours for information on the answering machine.
BUS TRIP RESERVATION
Call Parks and Recreation to reserve a seat or for more information.
All mail-in bus trip reservations must be accompanied by a check. Phone reservations will be held for one week only. If payment is not received, reservations will be cancelled. All seats are on a first come, first paid basis. Nonresidents are welcome to attend all bus trips. Should we have a waiting list, Middlebury residents will get first right to refusal. All trips will provide a tour guide.
By registering for a program, you give the Department permission to take and publish photos of you or your family participating in program.
If you do not wish to be photographed, you must include this request in writing along with your registration.
Rules and regulations for courts located at:
MEMORIAL SCHOOL (2 Courts)
LEDGEWOOD PARK (1 Court)
M.R.A. (2 Courts)
All courts open Sunrise to Sunset
1. Passes to reserve tennis courts at specific times may be obtained at the Recreation office.
2. Advanced booking for weekend reservation may be made on Friday afternoon.
3. Reservations supersede walk-ons.
4. The Recreation department reserves the right to schedule lessons, tournaments and camps. Adequate notice will be given.
5. All beverage containers must be plastic and be disposed of in garbage barrels.
6. Rollerskating, skateboards, bikes are prohibited.
Paid, private instruction cannot be given without permission from the Parks and Recreation Director.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Participant Equal Access - No participants shall be denied equal access to programs, activities, services or benefits, or be limited in the exercise of any right, privilege, advantage, or opportunity. on the basis of race, sex, creed, national origin or disability,
Behavior - Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times. The following guidelines have been developed to make recreation department programs safe and enjoyable for all participants. Additional rules may be developed for particular programs and athletic leagues as deemed necessary by staff.
¨ show courtesy respect to other participants, volunteers and staff
¨ refrain from using foul language
¨ refrain from causing bodily harm to other participants, volunteers and staff
¨ show respect for equipment, supplies and facilities
Discipline - a positive approach will be used. The Middlebury Parks and Recreation reserves the right to dismiss a participant. Each situation will be evaluated on its own merit.
Dog Owners: State statute 22-364 states dogs must be under the direct control of their owners at all time, when using town parks and the Greenway. When enjoying the Town parks and the Greenway with your dogs, please be considerate and use the pooper scoopers and receptacles. They are available at Chase Rd. and the parking lot across for the MRA.
Here's where you can enter in text. Feel free to edit, move, delete or add a different page element.