Building & Land Use Department

Inspector in Office
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
*Also by Special Appointment
Closed from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.



The Building & Land Use Department is located on the ground floor of the Town Hall. It issues all permits for new construction and for additions and for renovation work within existing structures.

The Clerk for the Building Inspector and the Land Use Offices accepts applications for the Planning and Zoning Commission, Conservation / Wetlands Commission, and handles complaints addressed to the Zoning Enforcement Officer.

Within town, permits are required for such diverse activities as new construction, renovations, additions, excavations, fills, etc. Individuals contemplating any activity which may fall into the category of those items which require a permit should contact the Building Department office to determine if a permit is indeed required.

Zoning & Building Regulations are strictly enforced.


Staff Contacts

Name Title Phone
Mark Lubus Building Official (203) 577-4162
Jennifer Atkinson Land Use and Building Clerk (203) 577-4162